Post by Adagio on Oct 2, 2017 20:40:09 GMT -5
Toe the line and all will be fine.
- One account per character. You have to make a new account for every character that you create here! OoC accounts are NOT required, but they are allowed if you would like to have one. There's an easy account-switch button on the bottom right of the screen if you want to jump back and forth quickly.
- Don't be a dick. No harrassment, bigotry, petty BS, etc. etc. Just... Please. If you have a problem with someone let a staff member help you deal with it instead of being a jerk. We want this community to be a nice place to chill and make a cool story together, not to argue.
- Characters must be accepted before you may post. There's no limit on the amount of characters you can have, but the staff needs to clear them before you can jump into roleplay to make sure they fit the world. Please give staff at least 36 hours to review a new character profile when you post it. Please also note that activity requirements apply to each character, not to each user.
- Intermediate/advanced, with no word count. We have no word count requirement here because we don't believe in just chucking in a bunch of mindless fluff randomly to meet a quota. Instead we expect meaty, thoughtful posts that actually say something.
- Please don't cheat. Our mechanics are centered around tabletop-inspired elements in an effort to make our stories fun, challenging, and surprising. If you game the system by cheating on your dice rolls, meta-gaming, or powerplaying, it just makes it less fun. Your goal shouldn't be to win - it should be to write something cool, with the tools we've given you there to help you along the way.
- Do what's interesting. Sometimes our game can be brutal, but try to embrace it. Your character may be injured or die due to the outcomes of the dice, but no one can just decide your character is dead or anything like that. Mods are here to give you the most interesting situations to deal with rather than to punish you, so try to lean into it and get crazy.
- Real time. We operate under real time here - keeps things simple, with such short lives. When creating a thread, it will be assumed that that thread is taking place ON the day you post it, unless you specify otherwise somewhere in the opening of the thread.
- Multiple threads allowed, but track your timelines. You're welcome to roleplay the same character in more than one thread at a time, but please track when the events of each thread are taking place so that you can keep your timelines straight. Try to avoid paradoxes where you can.
- Post at least once a week. This is a simple one. It may seem like a lot to post once a week, but we don't have word counts here. Rather than forcing you to make mile-long posts (Which are especially not conducive to combat heavy threads) we want you to stay active and DO stuff. Make your characters' lives dense with activity, and give your RP partners meaty content to react to! If you fall inactive all your stuff will be archived but not deleted, so you can come back if you want.
- Take more than two days to answer a modded thread you'll be skipped. If you're in a modded thread with more than one other player, make sure you're posting promptly whenever the posting order comes around to you. People who take more than 48 hours to reply will be skipped over in the posting order to keep quests rolling. If this happens to you, don't worry too much- you can jump back in on the next round, or even sooner if your partners are willing.
- Cussing is fine. Cuss however much you fuckin want. Your pottymouth admin could not possibly care less.
- Violence must be reasonable. Violence is a big part of a mouse's life - death lurks around every corner - and we welcome you to write about it. Tastefully.
- Please no mouse porn. Romance whoever and whatever you want but please please please don't post about mice having sex on the public forums. What you do on your own time is your business but let's keep talk of mouse genitalia to a minimum here on the site, thanks.